Code of Ethics
Suspension/Revocation of Membership
Article I. Ethics
Section 1.1. Ethics: The members of the Club shall subscribe to the following Code of Ethics:
1. Members shall at all times conduct themselves with professionalism.
2. Honesty and Integrity must be of the highest importance in every arena.
3. Coaches and Staff shall treat every athlete with respect and assist them in improving as soccer players and as people.
4. Members shall not conduct themselves in a way which could cause discredit or disrepute to the club.
5. Members shall abide by the decisions of the Board of Directors in promoting and enforcing this Code of Ethics.
6. All members of the club assume the responsibilities of the Code of Ethics, and agree to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this Code.
Section 1.2. Enforcement: The Board of Directors shall be responsible for promoting and enforcing the Code of Ethics.
Section 1.3. Courses of Action: Should the Board of Directors determine that disciplinary action of a member is required as related to the Code of Ethics, the Board of Directors, at their discretion, may:
1. Send a letter of warning to the member.
2. Suspend the member.
3. Remove the member from the Club.
Section 1.4. Appeal: Any member subjected to disciplinary action has the right to appeal in writing to the Board of Directors within 2 weeks of the disciplinary action. The member appealing shall not have a right to a hearing and the decision of the Board of Directors shall be final.
Article II. Suspension and Revocation of Membership
Section 2.1. Delinquent Dues/Fees : Members with delinquent Club dues or team fees may face suspension from the Club until those dues are paid in full, or an approved payment plan is established. A Member is determined to be delinquent after notice of not less than thirty (30) days has been provided (no shorter than 30 days) of the total amount due, and payment has been received. The establishment of a payment plan, and the receipt of the first payment, are sufficient to place a member in good standing. A member will continue in good standing provided subsequent payments are made in timely fashion.
Section 2.2. Suspension/Revocation of Membership: In addition to the provisions of Article I and Section 2.1., the Board of Directors, by a two-thirds vote, may suspend or revoke the membership of any member for:
1. Failure to meet financial obligations to the Club or a team;
2. Violating the bylaws of the Club, MAYSA, WYSA and WASA;
3. Violating the Bylaws, Rules, Regulations, Code of Ethics, or Policies of the Club;
4. Conviction of a crime which evidences a lack of moral character or honesty.
Section 2.3. Coach Authority: The Coach of a team may suspend or revoke membership to the Club, with approval of the Director of Coaching and President, for any of the following:
1. Gross Lack of Commitment: Any player who misses 50% or more of team activities during the fall or spring season is considered to have a gross lack of commitment.
2. Gross Negative Impact: Any player or parent of a player consistently creating a negative environment during team events, or a consistent negative attitude towards the Coach, manager or other Athletes involved is considered to have a gross negative impact.
Section 2.4. Membership Timing: In all cases, except as outlined differently above, the Membership in the Club shall be until the next try-out selection period in May/June, July 31, or the end of the current playing season, whichever is later. Section 2.5. Appeal: Any member subjected to disciplinary action has the right to appeal in writing to the Board of Directors within 2 weeks of the disciplinary action. The member appealing shall not have a right to a hearing and the decision of the Board of Directors shall be final.
WAUNAKEE AREA SOCCER CLUB
P.O. Box 115 Waunakee, WI 53597